Tuesday, September 29, 2009

August 11, 2009 - Milestones - Today is the day that I cannot believe is here. I have been anticipating this day not quite sure how it is going to turn out for me. But as you can see for Haden, he is so excited. It is the first day of school, the first day of kindergarten, the first of many new things to come in his "school life." For the next 13 years he will learn so much that will prepare him for college and life in general.
Haden is so excited to start school and meet new friends and learn new things. For him, it is an exciting day. For me it is exciting as well as bittersweet. It seems like just yesterday he was born, just yesterday he was learning to walk and talk, just yesterday I could still carry him up the steps cradled in my arms. But today, he is a kindergartener with so much to learn and look forward to.

I let Haden choose his breakfast today and of course he wanted pancakes and a gogurt.

YEAH! I am going to big school today!

I had picked out a polo shirt for Haden to wear today, but he had other ideas. He said, "mom, I think I should wear my Star Wars tshirt on the first day, because I bet other kids like Star Wars and if they see me with this shirt on, then I think they will be my friends because we would have something to talk about." How cute is that! He is always thinking!

Haden picked out this backpack at Toys R Us. He loves the superheroes on it and can't wait to show it to other kids.
Being silly! (Check out Hadley in the door. She was screaming to come outside.)

My precious Haden.
He makes me so proud!

I could not quit taking pictures of him.


The backpack is as big as he is!
I found this on a friends blog and just fell in love with it. These are all my hopes for Haden as he starts school. I pray that the Lord will protect him, guide him and teach him what he needs to know.

Here we are again, Lord. Their backpacks are loaded and their faces are scrubbed and their lunch accounts are full. And I know you'll walk with them, Lord. You always do. But a mom still has to ask. Will You walk with them? Will You whisper to them what they need to hear, when I'm not there to whisper it? Will You please, oh please, cover their school with the protection only You can give, and will You keep harm far away? Will You make their minds strong and ready to learn? Will You help them understand that hard work honors the One who created them? Will You guide their teachers, giving them patience and wisdom and creativity and more patience? Will You bless them for their efforts? Will You love all those children there, the ones whose lunch accounts aren't full, the ones who feel alone? Will You teach my children to be kind and unselfish and to love those who are different from them? Will You point them back toward home just as soon as you can? Lord, I give them to You today and everyday, trusting them to Your care. Amen. -Shannon, Rocks In My Dryer









0 comments:

Post a Comment