Tuesday, August 31, 2010

July 31-August5 - Family Beach Trip - This year we went to Seacrest, Fl for our family vacation. We stayed in this cute little house at The Cottages of Camp Creek. It was perfect for us and we enjoyed having the pool right outside our door. We were so happy to have Grammy and Granddaddy come along with us too. There are lots of pictures to look at, however I did not take as many pictures as I would have liked to. It's hard to be on camera duty with so much going on and by the time you think - oh, that would make a cute picture, the opportunity is already gone. Anyway, we had a wonderful time enjoying each others company. It was so nice to get away and spend some quality family time.

As soon as we got there, the kids went straight to the pool, and that is where they stayed 90% of the trip. The ocean waters were not oily, just a little seaweedy and smelly.

Hadley loved floating around and by the end of our trip, she was jumping off the side of the pool, holding her breath, and swimming under water.

Taking it easy!


Haden has become such a good swimmer this summer and he really got even better on this trip. He had so much fun swimming, jumping in, and playing games in the pool. He has turned in to quite a little fish.


One afternoon, we took the kids to play putt putt. Can I tell you, I have never ever been so hot in all my life. We had lots of fun, but I am still sweating!


Haden had a blast and did not care how hot it was.


Good times!

Love that little boy!

David's shirt is soaked and you can see Haden's hair is too!

Of course, we ate out lots and lots and enjoyed lots and lots of good food.


Raccoon eyes!

Good times with Grammy on the swing!


Haden loves dessert - of course he takes after me! He devoured this chocolate cake and was so full, he could hardly swallow the last bite.


Ah!!! That made my tummy happy!


Little Mama had the best time! She loves being outside. The pool was right outside our house, separated by a gate. Hadley spent most of the trip in and out of the gate, to the pool, to the house and straight to the refrigerator to eat. I have never seen her eat so much. All the sun and swimming made her hungry!


The kids had a great time throwing water balloons. I believe the package held 150 water balloons and they busted every one of them. My fingers were tired of tying them all.



I'm going to get you!


My parents were great about watching the kids. THANK YOU! One afternoon we took Haden out for lunch while Hadley stayed home and napped. Haden ordered a virgin strawberry pina colada and loved the hammer head shark that came in his drink.


The day we were leaving we went to the beach to get some family photos. It was so hot and so sunny, but I am so thankful for some great pictures.


"A family is a gift that lasts forever."


"That it will never come again, is what makes life so sweet." ~Emily Dickinson


"Family...another word for love."


"The love of a family makes life beautiful."


"The joy of grandchildren is measured in the heart."


"Oh the joy you bring me, happy child of mine." ~ Victoria Carrington


"The smile on your face brings a smile to my heart."


"Whenever I see your smiling face, I have to smile myself because I love you." ~James Taylor


"She fills our life with sunshine...and our hearts with love."


"All you need is love." ~ The Beatles


"A little child enters your life and fills a special place in your heart."

"There are two ways to travel, first class and with kids." :-) The kids were great going and coming. Thank you Lord for inventing the DVD player.

"I wish we could go on vacation everyday!" ~Haden Galbaugh

"It isn't how much time you spend somewhere that makes it memorable, it's how you spend the time." ~ David Brenner
We enjoyed every minute of our vacation. I hope we created wonderful memories for the kids. Haden said he will always remember jumping in the pool and having fun in the sun!




































0 comments:

Post a Comment