I love the tradition of baking sugar cookies with lots of sprinkles for Christmas. I rememer doing it every year as a child, and I hope to always continue this tradition with my kids. We even use the same cookie cutters and as I did growing up. This morning, we got right to it and started baking cookies for Santa and some for us too.
As you can see, the sprinkles were a huge hit!
The kids had so much fun!
Haden wanted to make the perfect cookie for Santa.
Hadley did a great job too! Some of the pictures are blurry, not from me not taking a good picture, but because of ALL the flour floating through the air!
More sprinkles!
Time to Bake!
We used 3 bottles of sprinkles! ;-)
The finished product! They are yummy!
Tonight, we went to Christmas Eve Service with my family. Haden loved the candle and we enjoyed singing "Silent Night" by candlelight.
When we got home from church, it was time to get our Christmas Eve pajamas on, wait to see Santa on the firetruck and go to bed. Sweet Hadley wanted to have her picture taken by Baby Jesus (our manger is in the background).
I love the excitement of Christmas Eve and the kids make it even better!
Lots of cute pictures taken, just keep scrolling!

Haden is explaining to Hadley about going to bed on time and not waking up before he does. He wants everyone to get up at the same time.


Sweet!
And even sweeter!

Haden cannot wait!
The kids made sure everything was ready near the fireplace. They set out their cookies and milk for Santa and the carrots for the reindeer.
As you can see, it is going to be hard to get this one to bed. Check out Hadley in the background sticking her finger in Santa's milk.
She worked hard on making her cookies and she wants to make sure everything is set up just right. She is a perfectionist.
Sweet Hadley!
I love that curl that hangs around her eye.
Haden has the kindest heart. He is always mindful of others, even Santa. He became very concerned a couple of days ago if Santa got presents. He thought that since Santa was the one who gave everyone else presents, who gave Santa presents?? Very good question! He decided that he would give Santa one of his toys. He did not want Santa to be left without a present for Christmas.
So, he wrapped up a Mickey Mouse cup that he got from Disney on Ice to give to Santa. He gave careful attention to write Santa a note. It says, "From Haden, You give me gifts so I give you one. To Santa, HoHoHo." This is why I love this little boy so! His heart is truely a gift!
Looks like the kids were good this year! Thanks Santa for all the wonderful presents! I can't wait for the kids to see them. I am so excited!!!As excited as I am, I am also very thankful that we can celebrate this wonderful night. I can't help but think about Mary and Joseph and how scared they must have been. To have the Saviour of the world in a manger surrounded by hay and animals. Thank you Mary and Joseph! And thank you Lord for the upcoming birth of your Son. Merry Christmas Eve!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment