Monday, October 12, 2009

August 19, 2009 - What a day! - Today was a "practice" day for Haden to ride the bus to my parents house after school. On the days I have to work, he rides the bus to my mom and dad's and then David picks him up after work. We are SO THANKFUL to my parents for helping us out with Haden after school. So, today we were all waiting at the bus stop for Haden. We could not wait for him to get off the bus and tell us all about his ride. Hadley is waiting and soon she saw the bus...
...here it comes! When the bus stopped, we waited and waited, but Haden never got off the bus. Oh no, where is my baby? The bus driver did not know and of course I started to panic. We called the school and his teacher said she put him on the bus herself so we knew he had gotten off at the wrong stop. My dad and I drove around looking for Haden, but could not find him. I was so worried about him being lost in a big neighborhood, not knowing where to go, crying, scared. All I could do was pray that God was protecting him from harm and keeping him safe. He just turned 5! He is still so little. The whole time I am on hold with the school while they radio other drivers to see if they see him. Finally! after about 20 minutes which seemed a lifetime to me, they said that a mom knew that Haden got off at the wrong stop with her kids and had him safe and sound at her house. Thank you Lord!! I have never been so scared! My heart goes out to parents whose children have been lost and not found. When we got to the house that Haden was at, I was so relieved to see his sweet face and to hold him in my arms. I am so thankful that a sweet mom took Haden under her wing when she sensed that he was scared and had gotten off at the wrong stop. Now, Haden knows not to get off the bus until my mom gets on the bus to get him off. Like I said, what a day!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment