Wednesday, October 14, 2009

September 11, 2009 - God Bless America - Today, before school, I was explaining what 9/11 stood for and what happened on that day. Haden was quite curious as to why an airplane would crash into a building and why people got hurt. He told me that he hopes airplanes learn to fly straight so that no one else gets hurt. He also told me that if his teacher asks them to explain what happened on this day he would tell her exactly what I told him -"no problem mom."
Some mornings Hadley is awake and will ride with me to take Haden to school. Other mornings, like today, she was still asleep and will stay home while David gets ready for work. This morning when I checked on her, she had the funniest expression on her face while sleeping. I cannot imagine what in the world she was dreaming about.

"Hey mom, don't forget I am five now."

Today, the kids had their 15 month and 5 year old checkup. I checked Haden out of school and he thought that was "cool." The not cool part was all the shots they had to get, along with the tears and screaming. Haden got 5 shots, while Hadley only got one. But, Haden will tell you he actually (I love it when he uses this word) got six shots because they had to prick his finger which is like a shot. To make things better, we went to Jason's Deli for lunch. The kids love eating here, and it is the only place Haden will eat broccoli. This is the first time we gave Hadley her own ice cream cone and as you can see, she loved it. Everytime she took a bite she would laugh and say "MMM." To cute!

Haden loves going to ZGallerie after we eat at Jason's. He loves all the animals and furniture in there. Here he cuddled up on a suede couch with a big polar bear. All in all, they had a good day despite actually getting 6 shots. :)
Just noticed, I need to change the date and time on my new camera. We did not have the kids out at 0143 which in military time is 1:43 am.





0 comments:

Post a Comment