March 12, 2011 - Family - My family means EVERYTHING to me. I love them more than I could ever express. Seeing these smiling faces everyday makes my heart smile. Being a mom and a wife is such an important job and I love every minute of it. It is not easy at times, but it is so worth every second just to see how happy they are. I once read a post from kissessfromkatie.blogspot.com and I loved how she expressed being a mom. We both have the same thoughts about being a mom and how much we love it. I know that maybe I will never sleep past 7 in the morning and maybe I will never have time to brush my hair and maybe I will never be able to eat a full meal without getting up and down a million times. It is worth it. Maybe it will take me twice as long to do everything and maybe I will never have a really clean house and maybe my days of staying out late with friends and David are over, but it's worth it. Anything I have to give up is worth just that one minute when they look at me and call me mom, when those little hands grab mine and those big brown eyes look at me as if I hold the keys to the world. It's all worth it. Sometimes I don't know what God is doing in my life or why, but everyday His plan is better than mine and everyday I am just glad that He is in charge and not me. Everyday I am glad that he placed David in my life. Everyday I am glad that he blessed me with 2 precious children. Everyday I am thankful that my family is safe, happy and healthy. Everyday I am thankful for the peace of the Lord that surrounds me when I kiss my family goodnight. And EVERYDAY I am thankful for these smiling faces. "Lord, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago."
Isaiah 25:1



0 comments:
Post a Comment